“The revised and enlarged edition… now covers 7,673 words of general utility and discusses in depth how one can achieve complete mastery of these words and speak and write good English… The book includes an innovative word-recall thesaurus.” – THE HINDU
“A fully revised and enlarged edition… The Complete Fluency Words, first published in 1987, has been reprinted as many as 18 times and is now in its third edition. This new edition covers 7673 words of the greatest general utility and discusses in depth how one can achieve complete mastery of these words and speak and write good English with the words flowing out readily and easily. The words covered by this book include 3750 Maximum General Utility words that can meet almost 80% of all the vocabulary needs of speech and writing, 2552 Near-maximum Utility Words and 1371 Advanced General Utility Words.” – THE HINDU Business Line
“A fully revised edition… The book is intended for advanced learners and teachers, and will be useful to everyone who needs to speak and write English in everyday life.” – The New Indian Express
How does The Complete Fluency Words help you build great fluency in English?
If you’re trying to achieve a high degree of fluency in English, and if one of your fluency-blocking problems is that the right word (or another word or expression that you can use in its place) doesn’t often occur to you readily, here’s a landmark work that can help you.
- What are the words you’ll find necessary, as well as normally sufficient, to maintain a high level of fluency, when you’re speaking or writing in English — about any topic?
- What are the 7673 words of the greatest general utility for speaking as well as writing superbly fluent English?
- What are the 3750 words that can normally meet almost 80% of all your vocabulary needs — whether you’re speaking or writing, and whatever the topic? What are the most important 1155 words out of these words of Maximum General Utility? What are the next most important 1228 words? What are the next most important 1367 words?
- What are the next most frequent 2552 Near-Maximum Utility words?
- What are the next most frequent 1371 Advanced General Utility words?
- What are the 7370 content words and 303 form words on which a high degree of fluency depends? What are the 1545 frequently-needed verbs, 3840 frequently-needed nouns, 1461 frequently-needed adjectives and 524 frequently-needed adverbs?
- How to achieve complete mastery of these fluency words, so you can speak and write good English with your words flowing out easily?
- How are the words you need frequently in speech and writing related to one another through 2048 key words?
This book, one of the world’s foremost authorities on English fluency building, answers all these questions — and many more.
For more details, including a few pages from the first chapter, click through the images in the product gallery.
Note: Several changes were made in the 3rd edition (2012) of this book to make it more useful to learners as well as teachers. These are those changes.